SIP training is available to licensed mental health practitioners who are interested in learning how to ethically incorporate spirituality in counseling. This training is offered by SIP trainers who have been authorized by the Association for Clinical Pastoral Education (ACPE) with a 30-hour curriculum and 20-hour post-curriculum certification process of consultation.
Upcoming curriculum trainings are offered in face-to-face, Zoom, and hybrid online/Zoom formats. You can find these curriculum trainings in various formats for a standardized fee of $750 per person.
The next training offered by Dr. Carol ZA McGinnis will be April 5th - May 31st 2021. Register here!
Religion and spirituality can be an invaluable resource for clients who are struggling with anger.
Spiritual themes often associated with anger include: Injustice, righteousness, salvation, and justification by faith.
Rigid religious and spiritual beliefs can lead to harmful outcomes in mental health.
Ten Courses comprise the 30 hour SIP Training:
1. Foundations and Ethics of SIP
2. Developing Spiritual Conversations
3. Spiritual Assessment
4. Interventions: Spiritual Resources Part 1
5. Interventions: Spiritual Resources Part 2
6. Interventions: Harmful Spirituality & Religion
7. Spiritual Interventions: Spiritual Struggles
8. Spirituality and Belief System of the Therapist
9. & 10. Spiritually Integrated Case Consultation
Psychotherapists who earn ACPE Certification in Spiritually Integrated Psychotherapy will demonstrate the following competencies:
After you complete your SIP training, you will begin the 20-hour post-curriculum certification process of consultation
© 2020. AWI @ Messiah College